Khada Dupatta

April23rd

11 Comments

The elegant outfit of Khada Dupatta may look very complicated to drape and people may wonder – ‘How to wear a khada dupatta’. But its absolutely simple if you follow these simple step by step guidelines to wear a khada dupatta.

Step One

All khada dupattas have the center part, almost about a foot long where the border is not attached. Once you put on the kurta and pyjama. Neatly tuck the dupatta from the exact center (where there is no border/masala stitched) into your pyjama from behind over your butt.

Step Two

Once you tuck the center part of the dupatta in your pyjama. You will see both the ends of the khada dupatta on each side of you. Pick up the end from the left side and arrange it neatly in pleats (like how you pleat the saree). After you pleat the end, place it neatly over your left shoulder. Makes sure both the sides of the masala/border are clearly placed on your shoulder. Check if the dupatta is falling neatly from over the side in a nice curve and doesn’t fall in your feet while walking. Once the dupatta is set right, pin it firmly on to the kurta so that the dupatta doesn’t slip down.

Step Three

Take the right side, the remaining side of the border and pleat it the same way to place it on your left shoulder again. Check again if the dupatta is falling neatly from over the side in a nice curve and doesn’t fall in your feet while walking. Once the dupatta is set right, slightly pull the right side of the border across your chest to cover it and pin it near the waist so that the chest remains covered. Check if the remaining three sides of the masala are falling neatly on your left shoulder in a row.

The Khada dupatta is also worn by putting the dupatta ends at both the shoulders, although that’s not a traditional style but it is said to be easier to carry with the load of the heavy borders divided on both the shoulders. I wont recommend it but you can try that too.

11 Comments

• Comment by Schumayel — September 10, 2010 @ 1:54 am

Hi
    I have a khada dupatta that I want to wear for an upcomming wedding. I got the basic idea of how to wear a khada dupatta but am still confused. Anyone have a video or a video link that shows how exactly to wear it? I’m guessing the back must look all puffy and ugly. Infact i’ve not seen a pic of how a khada dupatta looks from the back. The wedding is in 4 days so someone Plz help here.
    Schumayel

• Comment by fathima — December 26, 2010 @ 6:17 pm

hi,
    i have a marriage i need to put on a khada dupatta but this doesnt give me a clear idea hot to put on can anyone help me with a video?marriage is in a week.

thanks

• Comment by nazia — January 28, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

hi,i like khada dupatta very much but i didnt know how to wear the wearing of khada dupatta is not clear plz mail me how to wear khada duppata video plz thank u

• Comment by sara firdous — August 12, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

hi, i like khada duppta but i dnt no how to wear and which type of clothes should be use to wear khada duppta video plz thanks

• Comment by sanafathima — October 9, 2011 @ 12:32 am

plz send me a video of wearing khada dupatta on my mail.so i can casily understand.iam still not getting hw to wear!

• Comment by tigerlilly — October 20, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

can a chunri dupatta look good i still want to know how the back looks like can u plz send a vidieo

• Comment by waquas ali — February 21, 2012 @ 10:48 pm

i want to buy khada dupata,With the vidio how to wear.I am my home address and vidio CD Of wearing knowledge,I am in mumbai.my number is 09320637198

• Comment by waquas ali — February 21, 2012 @ 10:50 pm

I want to buy Khada Dupata,With the video how to wear it,I am in Mumbai,i want delivery in Mumbai,with the Video CD of wearing style,please call me in my number 09320637198.

• Comment by Banu — June 9, 2012 @ 6:04 pm

Before I go ahead and purchase I’d like to know that this outfit will be easy to wear do you have a video which you can share to see how it’s worn?

• Comment by daniyah aqueel — June 15, 2012 @ 7:13 am

hello
    i am going to my sister wedding so i try this but i realy very confused
    so there is no viedo or videolink to wearthe duppta please help me there is only1 day left
    please please
    by

• Comment by mohammed.rahema — September 11, 2012 @ 11:22 am

assalaamwalaikum,am rahema am middle class ladki kya mujhe khada dupatta aur sherara low cost may milega kyunki meri shadi honey wali hy so a mera khaab pura hosakta hy low cost may milega toe pls reply me

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL